Sunday 20 November 2011

So. I'm not going to start this post with "my my, how long it's been since my last post..." because that's kind of obvious, that was July and now it's November. I'll just sum up the last few months by saying a lot has changed and leave it at that.

Now, to the actual point. I started this blog for one reason and have, as yet, failed to deliver on my "mission statement" (pah!) but I plan to change that and so it starts now. Right now.... ooo, look a pretty birdy.....

Back to the original dilemma; where to start? I have in front of me Draping for Apparel Design by Helen Joseph-Armstrong. Flicking through the pages reminds me of the enthusiasm with which I bought it, I had high hopes which then I promptly forgot as life took over, as it always seems to. This time I am promising myself that something will come of it!
I guess padding the stand comes first and since I have a party to go to in December I think I'll pad it out to my own measurements (eeek!). What is it about taking your own measurements that is so cringey...

Once I've padded out the stand I think I'll have a go at "Intersecting Darts" (pg85 of Draping for Apparel Design). It's been a while since I've actually done any draping and it's quite a simple theory, yet one I've no experience of. Seems it'll be a useful thing to get down though, because the example given in the book implies that as a maker you can use this technique within a suitable design to enable the correct fit with no obvious seams. "Wow!" I hear you gasp! Well, maybe it's no ground-breaking realisation, but as I say; a useful technique to master.

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment