Thursday 24 January 2013

Oooooo... Fabrics...

Yep. I bought fabric.

So I was rooting through the off-cut bin (I start many a sentence with that phrase), and what should I come across but two meters of black Ponte. Fancy that! So, obviously I bought it and promptly left the shop. Actually, in reality, it was probably at least 45 minutes later and £30 lighter that I finally left the shop with my exciting selection of off-cuts. And a zip.

Rolls & Rems, just off Holloway Road (http://rollsandrems.com/), turned out to be quite the little gem, much to my delight the off-cuts weren't so much leftovers as they were genuine I-can-actually-use-this sized bits of fabric. Hence why I left with three good sized, nice quality bits of material. Though goodness knows what I'll use the other two bits for, speculatively buying fabrics has gotten me into the state I'm in now; i.e. massive hoards of stuff in every available storage space. Ah well...

I haven't ACTUALLY made any progress on the dress pattern, it's still stubbornly refusing to take itself off the stand and be magically ready to use, but I now have fabric I can toile with and a zip to stick in the back. Can't be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment